This Saturday Loving Life will air at 5:30pm instead of 5:00.
We have received booklets from Human Life Alliance that gives a 15-page expose’ of PP that we plan to distribute around the neighborhood of PP here in Omaha. Some of the highlights:
Planned Parenthood does not like to talk about its abortion business, but it runs the nation’s largest abortion chain and commits over 300,000 abortions a year.
PP does not like to talk about its abortion business, but it runs the nation’s largest abortion chain and commits over 300,000 abortions a year.
Documented violations include shoddy record-keeping, unclean conditions, out-of-date medications, untrained workers, lack of emergency plans and equipment, and uninspected equipment.
PP is financially backed by the US government, receiving 46% of its annual budget, more than $487 million in tax-payer dollars a year.
In recent years, a number of PP’s own employees have filed whistleblower lawsuits claiming PP has defrauded the state and federal governments.
By Tom and Rita Hejkal
By Greg & Jenny Morrison
By Don & Vivian Seaman
Many politicians think they are “pro-life” as long as they are against abortion – except for rape, incest and life of the mother.
Nebraskans United for Life does NOT endorse these politicians because we know that when a woman is violated because of rape or incest, she can survive because it was something done TO her. However, when she has guilt about killing her own child she quite often suffers for the rest of her life.
The “Life/Health of the Mother” exception is not acceptable because with modern medicine, all efforts should be made to save both. The “double effect” standard is what Nebraskans United for Life (and the Catholic Church) use.
1. Yes ___ No___ Are you publicly and personally against all abortions, all euthanasia (i.e. “assisted suicide, “mercy killing”), all artificial formation of human life outside the womb for the purpose of cloning or fertility treatment, and any offenses against human life?
2. Yes ___ No___ Do you believe that at the moment of either natural or artificial fertilization there is a living, unique and unrepeatable human being present in either the womb or in-vitro (in a test tube or Petri dish)?
3. Yes ___ No___ Is it permissible to abort deformed or diseased babies?
4. Yes ___ No___ Is it permissible to directly and intentionally abort an unborn baby to “save” the life of a mother despite the fact that directly and intentionally killing an unborn baby has never “saved” the life of the mother?
5. Yes ___ No___ Would you support an effort that would definitively protect all life from fertilization to natural and unaided death?
6. Yes ___ No___ Have you ever received money from any group of PAC that supports abortion, euthanasia, assisted suicide or any other life-offending group?
7. Yes ___ No___ Do you oppose the existence of all facilities that perform chemical and surgical abortion?
8. Yes ___ No___ Will you work personally and politically to end the trafficking of all baby parts obtained from research and abortion?
9. Yes ___ No___ Will you work to protect the rights of pro-life advocates as they demonstrate peaceably and legally against all abortion providers, nurses, advocates, judges and others who promote abortion and euthanasia?
10. Yes ___ No___ Will you support and endorse legislation that provides conscience protection to health-care providers so they are free from statutory and regulatory mandates that would otherwise require them to provide, participate in or make referral for services that conflict with their moral values?
11. Yes ___ No___ Will you support legislation that removes the current Federal mandate that forces nearly every healthcare plan in the country to include “free” coverage of abortifacient, birth control and sterilization as well as education and counseling on these “preventative services”?
Virgil J. Patlan, Sr.
Franklin T. Thompson
Since the 40 Days for Life campaign started a few years ago, they have counted 7,000 babies saved because of the prayer support outside of abortion clinics!
In the Omaha area many churches have participated in this prayerful, effective witness to mothers contemplating the abortion of her child.
Although this happens during Lent and again in the fall, a prayerful witness is ALWAYS needed throughout the year. Please think about donating an hour a week – for the LIFE of a child.
We have used billboards to get our message of the importance of life to Nebraskans the last few years.
Before that we listed all the names in a full-page ad in the Omaha World Herald and we will do it again this year. The Sunday OWH goes across Nebraska and it is a way that we show pro-life strength.
It is a wonderful opportunity for you to honor your own mother publicly. Please let us know if it is to be in the “Memorial” section for deceased moms. Each donor can use up to 27 typed spaces. Please use the form with this newsletter.
Will YOUR NAME be included?